Milford on Sea Beach (Hampshire)
Milford on Sea Beach is a dog friendly beach worth visiting. The beach is a long shingle beach with character colourful beach huts lining the promenade and it is backed by low cliffs. The beach adjoins a nature reserve.
There is an excellent walk from this beach along Hurst Spit to the castle and you can enjoy a snack or lunch at the Needle Eye Cafe and offer the kids an ice-cream at the kiosk there. The other eatery is the art deco Blue Horizon Restaurant on the east side of the beach which has great views of the Needles from the top floor. Shops are about 500 yards away and parking is really good.
The Needles of the Isle of Wight are clearly visible from this beach on most days.
Milford on Sea Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Milford on Sea in Hampshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...