Bishops Waltham Palace (Hampshire)
Bishop’s Waltham Palace, Medieval palace used by the Bishops and senior clergy of Winchester as they traveled through their diocese.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southampton in Hampshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Southampton Eastleigh Premier Inn is ideally positioned within easy reach of the M3. For shops and local amenities Eastleigh town centre is only 1 mile away and it’s just a 20 minute drive to Southampton. Conveniently located for Eastleigh train station. Our Eastleigh Premier Inn has everything you’d expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an onsite Table Table restaurant for a fresh new twist on eating out.
- Netley Abbey is a ruined late medieval monastery, founded in 1239 as a house for Roman Catholic monks of the austere Cistercian order. In 1536, Netley Abbey was closed by Henry VIII during the Dissolution of the Monasteries and the building was converted into a mansion by William Paulet, a wealthy Tudor politician. The abbey was used as a country house until the beginning of the eighteenth century, after which it was abandoned and partially demolished for building materials. The extensive remains consist of the church, cloister buildings, abbot’s house, and fragments of the post-Dissolution mansion.
- Western Hard Beach is not the most attractive beach but it is great for boating and sailing, although the beach is backed by a grassy and tree lined area. Southampton Town Centre and Ocean Village are right next to the beach which is mostly shingle. You only have parking and a slipway, no facilities by the beach but the town is within walking distance.
- The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis is a Wetherspoon pub in Southampton, Hampshire. Our pub offers a range of real ales, craft beers and freshly ground Lavazza coffee. Breakfast is served until noon, with our full food menu available until 11 pm.
- Solent Breezes Beach lies to the east of the Solent and has terrific views right across to Cowes on the Isle of Wight. The beach is accessible from the Solent Breezes Holiday Park so that the visitors there enjoy a more private beach experience. It is a shingle beach backed by a low cliff line with basic facilities such as boat mooring and slipway and a good coastal path giving you good views over to Calshot and the Isle of Wight. There is no lifeguard here but some facilities in the holiday park.
- John Fortin, a merchant who traded with Bordeaux, started building this house c. 1290 as a residence and place of business, it stood on one of the busiest streets in medieval Southampton near the town wall. Restored to its mid-14th-century appearance with replica period furnishings.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...