Eilean Mor (Inner Hebrides)
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Isle of Islay in Inner Hebrides is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- The Bowmore Distillery is surrounded by breathtaking scenery and spectacular wildlife, located on the shores of Loch Indaal the town is known for its whitewashed houses and stone-built harbour and pier. The distillery offers a number of different tours, tasting experiences, masterclasses and you have the shop.
- Bruichladdich Distillery is a distillery built in 1881 by the Harvey brothers on the shore of Loch Indaal, on the Rinns of Islay, the westernmost part of the island. The distillery produces mainly single malt Scotch whisky but has also offered artisanal gin. It is owned by Rémy Cointreau and is one of eight working distilleries on the island.
- The Museum of Islay Life is located in a former church in Port Charlotte on the Isle of Islay. The museum explores lofe on the Isle of Islay covering all ages from the Mesolithic, c.8000 BC, to the 1950s, with exhibits showing what it was like to live in a simple house as well as how the laird lived at the same time. A small shop sells books and pamphlets about Islay as well as a range of gifts.
- The Islay Natural History Trust Nature Centre is a great place to visit for young and old. Exhibits include aquariums and laboratory. The centre also has a large collection of biological records The Islay Natural History Trust was established in 1984vdedicated to wildlife and geology on Islay with the aim to get as many people interested in Islay’s beauty.
- The Big Strand beach is the largest beach on Islay and stretches for some 12km (7ml) along Laggan Bay from the Oa Peninsula in the south past Islay airport to Laggan Point in the north. The beach can be exposed which results in some good and often quite high sand dunes. No facilities and access can be one of 3 ways:Kintra Farm in the south An unkept bumpy track to the north of the airport Laggan Estate in the north
- Ardbeg Distillery is a Scotch whisky distillery in Ardbeg on the south coast of the isle of Islay. The Ardbeg distillery has been producing whisky since 1798, and began commercial production in 1815. Come and learn more about our wonderful whisky and explore our beautiful Distillery on one of our fascinating tours.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...