Beaumaris beach is a sand and pebble beach that sits either side of Beaumari Read more [...]
- About Us
Beaumaris pier Info
Beaumaris Pier, opened in 1846, was designed by Frederick Foster and comprises a masonry jetty continuing out into the Strait on wooden and concrete pilings.
After srorm damage in 1872 the pier was re-built and extended to 570 feet and a pavilion was constructed at the end which contained a cafe. It was once the landing stage for steamships of the Liverpool and North Wales Shipping Company.
In the 1960s, through lack of maintenance, the pier became unsafe and was threatened with demolition, but local yachtswoman and lifeboat secretary Miss Mary Burton made a significant private donation to ensure the pier was saved for the town.
Beaumaris pier Reviews