Llanddona Beach (Isle Of Anglesey)
Llanddona beach is a good sized family sandy beach that shelves at a decent but not alarming rate. This north east facing beach is located on the eastern side of the Red Wharf Bay area, measures approximately 2.5 km in length, although the bay itself is more than 4 km wide.
Llanddona village is located on high ground between Benllech and Beaumaris, it is popular as a holiday destination on Anglesey. The road down to the beach is for the confident driver as it is steep single track with passing lanes, so be prepared for hill starts. Once on the beach it is well worth the trip.
Popular with windsurfers, sailers, kitesurfing and fishing.
Parking by the beach, slipway, cafe and toilets. You do have a pub in Llanddona at the top of the hill although it has no shops.
Llanddona Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Llanddona Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Benllech in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...