Llanddwyn Beach is a large sandy beach with dunes on the south-western tip of Anglesey. Newborough Warren National Nature Reserve and forest is just behind the beach giving it an amazing backdrop. The nature reserve is protected but some great trails in the forest to explore.
The beach is popular beach with kitesurfers, kite-buggies and windsurfers, although can get busy.
Llanddwyn Beach is sometimes referred to as Newborough beach.
Facilities include parking, toilets with disabled facilities, picnic areas and more available in nearby Newborough.
Llanddwyn Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Llanddwyn Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for LLanfair Pwllgwyngwll in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map