Lligwy Bay Beach (Isle Of Anglesey)
Lligwy Bay beach is a secluded wide sandy horse shoe beach backed by sand dunes on the North East coast of Anglesey. Sections of the beach are designated as the Lligwy Special Site of Scientific Interest.
The beach gently shelves into the sea making an ideal family beach although it is also very popular with windsurfers and kitesurfers in good easterly winds.
The beach is also popular with walkers and is on the route of the Anglesey Coastal Path.
There are two routes for arriving at Lligwy: from the Moelfre end and from City Dulas each with a car park at the end of the lane by the beach.
Facilities include a small cafe that sells drinks, ice creams and hot snacks and local campsite and caravan sites have shop and toilets.
We have no dog information for Lligwy Bay beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Lligwy Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Moelfre in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...