Borth Wen Beach
Borth Wen beach is a south facing curving sandy beach but at high tide you are left with mainly shingle. The beach is backed by marram grass covered dunes that have wooden boardwalks throughout the dunes.
The sheltered nature of this bay provides a great location for families.
The beach is also popular with surfers, sailors and canoeing/kayaking.
Facilities include car parking and toilets. Access is down a narrow country lane but if you do not mind the walk you can take the coast path to the hard to get at Silver Bay.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Borth Wen Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Rhoscolyn in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map