St Helens Beach (Isle of Wight)
St Helens Beach is great for swimmers with safe, sandy beaches.
St Helens lies between Bembridge and Seaview and is a lovely, traditional English beach with rocks to sit against and rock pools for the kids to go crabbing in.
There are good walks from this beach to Priory Bay and Seaview as well as a good marina and boat mooring. To the back of the beach are the sand dunes which are great for picnics and games with the kids.
Bird and wildlife are prolific in the area and the local farmers use the seaweed that washes up as compost ensuring a well maintained and natural beach spot.
The cafe sells ice creams and beach paraphernalia like lilos, hats, buckets and spades. St Helens is a lovely little spot and the village green hosts cricket matches and football with views right over the harbour and it is a short walk to St Helens fort if you get a bit bored on the beach.
Facilities include parking, toilets (incl disabled), cafe, slipway and campsite.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for St Helens Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bembridge in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...