Sandown Beach is the longest beach on the Isle of Wight and serves the holiday resorts of Sandown and Shanklin.
This beach has all the facilities and is perfect for safe family fun in the sun with gently sloping sands, great facilities, a Pier and water sports galore.
The golden sands are endless with enough space for everyone to enjoy a good day out. Mom can relax as there are life guards patrolling and the Southern Water safety initiative tackles the issue of kids getting lost!
The Culver Cliffs serve as a dramatic backdrop to this perfect stretch of beach with its impressive collection of seaside attractions from the pier to the crazy golf for when you get tired of building sand castles!
Sandown beach has dog restrictions 1st May to 30th September
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Sandown in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map