Totland Bay Beach (Isle of Wight)
Totland Bay Beach is ideal for families who want a sheltered sandy beach where they can relax and enjoy a picnic and a sunbathe and paddle.
It is a clean beach with sand and shingle with a tree line backdrop and steps taking you up to amusements, cafes, shops, camping and huts. A great beach for swimming, wind surfing and jet skiing as well as a few good walks on the promenade or the downs just above.
The Downs (hill) between Alum Bay and Totland Bay is known as Headon Warren where, from the top of it, you get a sweeping view over Totland Bay, Colwell Bay and the Solent towards the Cowes and the mainland.
Facilities include parking, toilets, cafes, restaurants, pub, amusements, shops, picnic area and beach huts.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Totland Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Totland in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...