Viking Bay Beach
Viking Bay beach is the main bay of the seven Broadstairs bays, a sandy beach with clifftop promenade, harbour pier, sea water tidal swimming pool and a boardwalk.
The beach has a slope on the northern end of the harbour whilst on the southern end, you have steps or a seasonal lift to get you down from the gardens at the top of the cliffs.
Facilities at the beach include toilets, cafes, pubs, kiosks, restaurants, boast slipway, lift to the beach (open Easter to October), deck chairs, amusements, chalets for hire, seasonal lifeguards.
As this is the main Broadstairs beach you have various parking options, a small harbour car park or street parking at the top of the cliffs.
Viking Bay Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Viking Bay has dog restrictions between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Broadstairs in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...