Dymchurch Beach (Kent)
Dymchurch beach is a large sand/shingle beach within reach of local amenities. A good family beach with plenty of room.
The beach is backed by a big concrete sea defence and promenade that has steps down to the beach and disabled ramps in places.
The concrete promenade has a selection of kiosks and the central part of the beach has the toilets, slipway for boats, shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants from the town.
You have two choices for parking. The Martello car park on the West end of the beach or you have a car park in the center on the other side of the road to the beach.
Dymchurch beach has a dog ban between May and October between the Martello Car Park and Sycamore Gardens.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Dymchurch in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...