Herne Bay Beach (Kent)
Herne Bay is a popular Kent seaside town with a long promenade with the central part of the seafront including seafront gardens and a central bandstand housing a visitor centre. The beach is shingle with wooden groynes giving way to sandy mudflats at low tide and is a popular bathing area for families with amusements and amenities nearby.
The sandy mudflats provide great opportunities for beachcombing with many prehistoric sharks’ teeth fossils on the foreshore.
Facilities include beach huts, town centre shops, cafe, restaurants, toilets, lifeguards and parking.
Herne Bay Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Herne Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Herne Bay in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...