Walpole Bay Beach
Walpole Bay beach is approximately 400 meters long sandy beach with promenade and tidal swimming pool.
Walpole Bay includes Palm Bay, Hodges Gap and Foreness Point.
Popular for watersports.
Facilities include lift, toilets, lifeguards, chalets for hire, golf, putting, tennis and indoor bowls nearby.
Walpole Bay beach between 1st May and 30th September where dogs are allowed on leads between 10am to 6pm.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Margate in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map