Westgate Bay Beach (Kent)
Westgate Bay is a sandy beach, a good family beach for sandcastles and lots of small rock pools to explore.
The bay is tidal and so the beach will disappear at high tide.
Facilities include seasonal lifeguards, cafes, car parking, toilets, chalets for hire, pub, disabled access to the beach with disabled toilets open all year.
Westgate Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Westgate Bay beach, No dogs between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Margate in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...