Sandwich Bay Beach (Kent)
Sandwich Bay beach is a long stretch of beach that consists of pebble at the top and then very large sand flats, backed by some sand dunes. As you move from south to north you get more sand and less pebbles, although the northern end is often used by naturists.
This stretch of coast is a nature reserve.
Access via a toll road, charged at a day rate, making this a little expensive for a short visit.
We have no dog information for Sandwich Bay beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Sandwich Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Sandwich in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...