Tankerton Beach is also known as Tankerton Slopes due to grass slopes backing onto the shingle and sand beach. The beach has some pretty wooden beach huts.
At low tide you get a stretch of pebbles known as ‘The Street’ which leads out to sea providing a natural promenade, although care should be taken when the tide comes in.
Facilities include toilets with disabled access, on-street parking, cafe/restaurant, promenade and grass areas.
We have no dog information for Tankerton beach.
Tankerton Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Tankerton Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Whitstable in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map