On Blackpool’s exclusive North Promenade, Bedford Hotel boasts an indoor heated pool, turbo spa and sauna. Free Wi-Fi in public areas is offered, as well as free private parking.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Blackpool in Lancashire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 10th August 2019, 11:00 am-11th August 2019, 5:00 pmSt Anne’s Kite Festival takes place ob St Anne’s seafront and has kite teams from across the UK and overseas. Running over Saturday and Sunday you will get to see fabulous kite displays although this is weather dependent. Most years regardless of the weather you have been able to see something and have a great family day out.
- The beach extends northwards from North Pier, continuing to Bispham. The section between North Pier and Cabin is most popular with visitors as it is closest to Blackpool’s local services, hotels etc. Lifeguards in the summer and all the facilities of Blackpool.
- Designed by Eugenius Birch and commissioned by the Blackpool Pier Company, work commenced on the first of Blackpool’s piers in 1862. The North Pier was opened on 21st May 1863. The Blackpool North Pier is more than just a historic pier, there is so much to do for the whole family; amusement arcade, children’s rides, food and drink and shops. More details: Click here for Blackpool North Pier website.
- The Blackpool Tower is 158m high and was opened in 1891. However, due to incorrect painting, the tower started to corrode and was nearly demolished. Instead, it was replaced (1921-24) and consists of 2,500 tonnes of cast iron and almost 100 tonnes of steel. The tower consists of a number of attractions:The viewing platform with a clear glass section of the floor. The Tower Ballroom. The aquarium. The Tower Circus.
- The Blackpool Golden Mile is the central stretch of sand and promenade that runs between Blackpool’s north and south piers, and has been famous as the home of British seaside culture for over a century. Blackpool is the only town in the United Kingdom with three piers. Blackpool became a major holiday destination, fueled by the Lancashire textile workers with the arrival of the railway in 1846. The growth of visitors continued in the inter-war years. But the post-war decline of the Lancashire textile industry and the arrival of cheap package holidays meant many of Blackpool’s traditional visitors headed off on planes. Today, Blackpool’s many attractions coupled with its good road communications continue to make it a popular destination with a large proportion being day-trippers. All the facilities of Blackpool.
- One of the UK’s best known aquariums the Blackpool SEA LIFE centre houses Europe’s most comprehensive collection of tropical sharks. It also features literally dozens of displays of all conceivable shapes and sizes, showcasing native and tropical marine life, plus a superb Amazone exhibition, complete with piranhas and poison dart frogs.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...