Blackpool Golden Mile Beach (Lancashire)
The Blackpool Golden Mile is the central stretch of sand and promenade that runs between Blackpool’s north and south piers, and has been famous as the home of British seaside culture for over a century. Blackpool is the only town in the United Kingdom with three piers.
Blackpool became a major holiday destination, fueled by the Lancashire textile workers with the arrival of the railway in 1846. The growth of visitors continued in the inter-war years. But the post-war decline of the Lancashire textile industry and the arrival of cheap package holidays meant many of Blackpool’s traditional visitors headed off on planes.
Today, Blackpool’s many attractions coupled with its good road communications continue to make it a popular destination with a large proportion being day-trippers.
All the facilities of Blackpool.
Blackpool Golden Mile Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Blackpool Golden Mile, no dogs between 1 May and 30 September
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Blackpool in Lancashire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...