Fairhaven Lake (Lancashire)
Situated on the Ribble Estuary, Fairhaven Lake has boating, tennis, putting, bowling or just take a walk.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Blackpool in Lancashire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 10th August 2019, 11:00 am-11th August 2019, 5:00 pmSt Anne’s Kite Festival takes place ob St Anne’s seafront and has kite teams from across the UK and overseas. Running over Saturday and Sunday you will get to see fabulous kite displays although this is weather dependent. Most years regardless of the weather you have been able to see something and have a great family day out.
- Lytham St Annes lifeboat station was established in 1851 and today, the station operates two lifeboats, one at Lytham and one at St Annes. 1886 saw the worst lifeboat disaster. Quote from RNLI site: “1886 9 December saw the worst disaster in lifeboat history. Lytham, St Annes and Southport lifeboats were launched to the German barque Mexico in distress off Southport. The Lytham lifeboat, with great difficulty, rescued her crew of 12. Meanwhile, the Southport lifeboat was capsized by a heavy sea; 14 of her crew had drowned and there were only two survivors. The St Annes lifeboat was washed ashore the next day and her entire crew of 13 had drowned.”
- The St Annes Beach Huts are located on the promenade just in front the miniature train and miniature golf course. Access is from 10am until midnight with an 8 persons maximum for a hut, you have a key to let you into the communal toilet area and we provide carts in the Beach Hut area which you are welcome to use to ferry your belonging too and from your Beach Hut. All huts have mains electricity and fitted kitchens complete with 25 Litres fresh water, fridge, heater, microwave, kettle, cups, glasses, plates and cutlery for 6, freshly laundered tea towel, cleaning cloth and washing up liquid. There is also a removable ship’s table, bench seating for 3, 4 x folding chairs Please note BBQs are not allowed at the beach huts. Dogs are very welcome at the Beach Huts although seasonal restrictions are in place on St Annes beach.
- St Annes Beach is a few miles down the coast from Blackpool and St Anne’s is a great contrast to the bustling Blackpool Beaches. The beach is very long, and when the tide is out it can take a long walk to get to the sea. It also often seems as though the tide never comes in. Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, beach hut rental, food options and pier.
- Wide sandy Beach with lagoons that drain and fill at various tides. Kitesurfers and windsurfers use the lagoons for some excellent flat water sailing. The beach is used by the Blackpool Light Craft Club offering sailing, fishing, jet skiing and kitesurfing.
- The last of the 3 piers work began on Blackpool’s third pier in 1892 to the design of T P Worthington. Originally known as the Victoria Pier it opened in 1893. Blackpool South Pier offers bars, ammusement arcades and a fairground includig dodgem cars and thrilling rides. The pier also provides an excellent vantage point from which to view Blackpool’s pleasure beach accross the promenade.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...