Moggs Eye Beach (Lincolnshire)
Moggs Eye Beach is an unspoilt, sandy beach with a wide sandy area that slopes down into the sea.
This beach is surrounded by sand dunes with steps leading over the dunes to a picnic area and spacious car park with a toilet block.
This is a good beach for swimming, surfing and fishing and has some great walks nearby with the nearest town being Mablethorpe. This dog-friendly beach is popular for dog walkers as it is never too busy and is a perfectly safe environment away from the roadside with no restrictions in place.
Wildlife thrives on this natural and unspoilt Lincolnshire coastline and is a haven for birdwatchers, nature lovers and conservationists.
Facilities at the beach include car parking, toilets and picnic area. It is worth noting that this same beach stretch can be accessed from the Huttoft beach car park.
Moggs Eye Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...