Skegness beach is probably Lincolnshire’s most renown beach, it’s called Skeg, Skeggy and Skegvegas by those who have been there and is one of the county’s most visited seaside resorts and in particular for those in the East Midlands. It’s a perfect, wide, sandy beach with promenade gardens and boating lakes.
All visitor reviews speak of the cleanliness of this beach, the facilities and the fun they’ve had there all year round.
There are great restaurants and cafes and a lot of attractions allowing a really good day out whatever the weather!It’s a great sandy beach for surfing, bodyboarding, swimming, boating and canoeing as the water is shallow with a gradual gradient and the surf is not too wild making it a perfect spot for those with little children as well.
Facilities at the beach include large car park and street parking, seasonal lifeguards, toilets incl. disabled, deckchair/chalet/beach hut hire, restaurants/cafes, first aid facilities, pier, promenade, amusements and slipway.
Skegness Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Skegness beach does not allow dogs between 1st May to 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Skegness in Lincolnshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map