Hightown beach is mai Read more [...]
Place Category: Beaches
Formby beach, large area of beach, sand dunes and pine woods.
- Stunning stretch of unspoiled coastline
- Long sandy beaches and attractive pine woods
- Spot one of the rare red squirrels feeding on pine cones
- Search for 5,000-year-old red deer footprints on the beach
Lifeboat Road site: 1½ miles from the town centre; there are three linked unpaved car parks with several routes cascading out in to the sand dunes and woods. The car parks are about 900 yards from the beach.
Victoria Road site: North of Lifeboat Road and is busier due to the red squirrel reserve being here. Parking is available adjacent to the reserve and at the end of the road there is a large unpaved car park for easier beach access, the beach from the car park is about 100 yards.
Dogs are welcome year round but must be kept on a lead due to wildlife.
Formby Beach Weather Forecast
Light rain throughout the week, with temperatures falling to 18°C on Thursday.Rain starting in the afternoon.Today's Forecast
16->2324% 42% 8 mph
6:05 am 8:28 pmRain in the morning.Wednesday, Aug 23rd
16->2057% 38% 7 mph
6:07 am 8:25 pmPartly cloudy until afternoon.Thursday, Aug 24th
15->187% 15% 12 mph
6:09 am 8:23 pmLight rain in the morning.Friday, Aug 25th
15->1820% 74% 6 mph
6:10 am 8:21 pmMostly cloudy until afternoon.Saturday, Aug 26th
14->190% 54% 3 mph
6:12 am 8:18 pmMostly cloudy throughout the day.Sunday, Aug 27th
14->200% 33% 6 mph
6:14 am 8:16 pmLight rain in the evening.Monday, Aug 28th
15->2215% 70% 11 mph
6:16 am 8:14 pmLight rain starting in the evening.Tuesday, Aug 29th
15->1926% 60% 12 mph
6:17 am 8:11 pm
Formby Beach Tide Times
Formby Beach Water quality
Samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
Photos from around the surrounding area