The Mayfield Seamer (North Yorkshire)
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Mayfield Seamer is situated in Scarborough, 5 km from The Spa Scarborough. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Scarborough in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Scarborough South Bay beach is a sandy, quiet beach ideal for families a castle situated on the cliff tops overlooking the beach Scarborough is one of Yorkshire’s and the UK’s most traditional Victorian era coastal resort towns. The South Bay is the smaller of the two Scarborough beaches and often the one with more people. Facilities include toilets, cafe/restaurants, beach huts, parking and Scarborough’s town facilities.
- Cayton Bay beach is an unspoilt and quiet bay located 5km south of Scarborough and a similar distance north of Filey. The bay is a wide, sandy beach backed by cliffs, and one of the best surfing locations in North Yorkshire. The centre of the bay has a reef that creates a flat lagoon which is perfect for kayaking, Stand-Up Paddle Boarding and windsurfing. If you don’t want to sit still then why not explore the remains of WWII fortifications or why not search for some fossils. Some of the cliffs and rocks were formed in the upper Jurassic period. Facilities include seasonal lifeguards, parking, toilets, cafe/restaurant, shops all located in the local village.
- Our North Bay Scarborough chalets are available all year round for daily, weekly or seasonal lets, our beach chalets are perfect for a family day on the beach. The chalets come in different forms:Standard chalets Two storey luxury chalets Celebration chalets Each chalet differs but they all provide at a minimum deckchairs, kettle and a sink with hot and cold running water.
- Scarborough is one of Yorkshire’s and the UK’s most traditional Victorian era coastal resort towns. North Bay is one of the two sandy beaches in Scarborough and is the larger although slightly quieter of the two bays. A half moon strip of sand that stretches north from the headland in to the centre of Scarborough. Popular surfing beach suitable for all levels of ability. Car Park behind the beach along with toilets, restaurants, cafes and pub.
- Filey is a historic Victorian fishing and Edwardian seaside resort. The town is a wonderfully restful seaside base with miles of sandy beaches, local linx golf courses, gardens, birdwatching, walking, fishing, diving, surfing and sailing are all popular in the area. Five miles of beautiful sandy beach: Filey sands, Muston sands, Hunmanby sands, Reighton sands, Speeton sands. Families with younger children may want to stay close to the town but those with older children may want to head North to Filey Brigg which has some good rock pools and caves to explore. Filey Museum explores the town’s fishing heritage and local history. Facilities include toilets, cafes, shops, beach huts, deck chairs, lifeguard service on this beach in the main summer season.
- Cloughton Wyke Beach sits on very noice coastline but more an exploration beach than sun bathing. Popular stop off point when walking the Clevland Way or the old Scarborough to Whitby railway line. Popular for sea angling. The word ‘ wyke ‘ is of Scandinavian origin and denotes a narrow inlet sheltered by headlands. No facilities at beach but tea room at the old station in Cloughton.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...