Filey Sands Beach (North Yorkshire)
Filey is a historic Victorian fishing and Edwardian seaside resort. The town is a wonderfully restful seaside base with miles of sandy beaches, local linx golf courses, gardens, birdwatching, walking, fishing, diving, surfing and sailing are all popular in the area.
Five miles of beautiful sandy beach: Filey sands, Muston sands, Hunmanby sands, Reighton sands, Speeton sands.
Families with younger children may want to stay close to the town but those with older children may want to head North to Filey Brigg which has some good rock pools and caves to explore.
Filey Museum explores the town’s fishing heritage and local history.
Facilities include toilets, cafes, shops, beach huts, deck chairs, lifeguard service on this beach in the main summer season.
Filey Sands Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Filey Sands has dogs rstrictions on areas of the beach, check local signs.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Scarborough in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...