Scarborough North Bay Beach (North Yorkshire)
Scarborough is one of Yorkshire’s and the UK’s most traditional Victorian era coastal resort towns. North Bay is one of the two sandy beaches in Scarborough and is the larger although slightly quieter of the two bays. A half moon strip of sand that stretches north from the headland in to the centre of Scarborough.
Popular surfing beach suitable for all levels of ability.
Car Park behind the beach along with toilets, restaurants, cafes and pub.
Scarborough North Bay Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Scarborough North Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Scarborough in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...