Sandsend Beach (North Yorkshire)
Sandsend beach is a sand and shingle beach situated on Yorkshire’s heritage coastline. The beach is at the North end of a stretch of beach that runs into Whitby sands.
A popular haunt with fossil collectors and fishing enthusiasts and an ideal location for the family.
You have car parking on the road behind the beach, cafe and toilets.
Sandsend Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Sandsend beach does not allow dogs during the summer.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Whitby in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...