- About Us
Captain Cook Memorial Museum Info
The Museum is in Walker’s House which belonged to Captain John Walker to whom the great explorer, Captain Cook was apprenticed in 1746, and to which Cook returned in the winter of 1771–72 after his First Voyage.
Much is known about the furnishings of the house from an inventory of contents taken in 1754, this means the two ground floor rooms are furnished according to this inventory and decorated in the original colour.
Captain Cook Memorial Museum Reviews