Amble Links Beach (Northumberland)
Amble Links beach is sand and shingle positioned on the outskirts of Amble just south of the harbour by a holiday park.
Amble in Northumberland is a small fishing village with it’s own harbour and marina. As with most of the Northumberland coastline the coastal walks are excellent and sailing is also popular.
Looking our to sea about a a mile you have Croquet Island with its 80 ft high lighthouse. The lighthouse is built on the top of a medieval tower. Croquet Island is an RSPB reserve for thousands of puffins, terns, eider ducks and the roseate tern. This makes the area a popular walking and bird watching area.
Amble offers a range of charming shops, pubs, and restaurants.
Amble Links Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Amble in Northumberland is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...