Guile Point East Lighthouse (Northumberland)
Guile Point East lighthouse is a stone obelisk with the light fixed about a third of the way up the structure.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Berwick-upon-Tweed in Northumberland is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 3rd September 2020-6th September 2020The Lindisfarne Festival marks the end of the summer and is a music and creative arts festival on the beautiful Northumberland coastline overlooking the Holy Isle in this beautiful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). You should get a choice of some 200+ acts over 10 stages.
- Heugh Hill Lighthouse along with Guile Point Lighthouse gives a lead for vessels entering Holy Island Harbour. Trinity House assumed responsibility for marking the approach to the harbour on 1 November 1995. Heugh Hill Lighthouse is a framework tower surmounted by a red triangular daymark.
- Holy Island has a selection of sand beaches and dunes. Also known by its Celtic name as Lindisfarne, Holy Island is accessible only at low tide, twice daily, by a three mile long causeway. The island is one of the top locations for bird watching in North East England. The sand dunes and saltmarsh are a National Nature Reserve, and an important winter home to thousands of seabirds, particularly waders.
- The Farne Islands are rocky islands, once home to saints, soldiers and famous lighthouse keepers, now a sanctuary for seabirds (puffin and guillemot) and one of Europe’s largest grey seal colonies. Excellent place for wildlife photography, sea-kayaking and diving.
- Situated on Longstone Rock, one of the Outer Staple Islands. One of the essential lighthouses around the Farne islands. Lighthouse has a visitor centre, although you will need to take the official tour that includes a boat trip around the Farne islands and a 30 minute tour of the lighthouse.
- Cheswick Sands is one of the biggest beaches in Northumberland, a large area of flat sand with black rocks and dunes. This is a vast beach that stretches as far as the eye can see and merges in with Cocklawburn beach in the north. Excellent beach for walking. On a clear day to the north end of the beach you can see past Berwick to the Border, while to the south Holy Island with it’s castle is in full view. Few beaches offer such excellent unspoilt views as this. Parking available.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...