Warkworth beach is close to the fortified village of Warkworth. The village with its castle is built on a rocky spur within a tight loop of the River Coquet.
Warkworth beach spans to the north of the river mouth and is golden sands and dunes overlooked by the castle. It is advised to keep away from the breakwater at the River Coquet.
Toilets and free parking 500m from the beach.
Warkworth Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' tab we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do and places to eat.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map