Warebeth beach is located on the western side of mainland Orkney with the be Read more [...]
- About Us
Bishops Palace Information
At the same time as St Magnus Cathedral was being constructed, the Bishop’s Palace was built nearby for William the Old, with a large rectangular hall above vaulted storerooms.
The palace fell into ruins, but after 1540 was restored by Bishop Robert Reid who added a round tower, the “Moosie Toor”. He presided at St. Magnus from 1541 to 1558.
Bishops Palace Reviews