Abermawr Bay Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Abermawr Bay beach is sand/shingle with a pebble bank and at low tide you can see tree stumps from the remains of an ancient forest.
The beach is backed with marsh and woodlands which form Abermawr Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), and is also part of Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
No facilities although a small number of parking spaces exists at the end of the lane to the north of the bay.
The beach is managed by the National Trust.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Abermawr Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Fishguard in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...