Freshwater East Beach
Freshwater East beach is a lovely crescent shaped sandy beach with dunes and woodland at the rear which form a local nature reserve and Red Sandstone cliffs on either side. It is a rural beach on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and measures nearly 1km across.
The beach is great for families with good for swimming, walking, boating, fishing, building sand castles and relaxation. Not usually a surf beach but when there is surf then it is good surf.
Facilities include car park and toilets.
Freshwater East Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Freshwater East Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Pembroke in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map