Freshwater West Beach
Freshwater West (also known as Fresh West) Beach is near Castlemartin, within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. The beach is a great unspoilt rural beach, approximately 1km across, with rock pools and backed by rolling sand dunes and marsh land.
Freshwater West is a popular surfing beach due to its consistent Atlantic swells and strong waves and regularly hosts surfing tournaments.
As this is a remote beach with unspoilt views it is a popular filming location, such as: 2010 Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe, Harry Potter films and BBC’s The Sarah Jane Adventures.
Car parking available and you may be lucky and get an ice-cream/food van.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Freshwater West Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Pembroke in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map