Freshwater West Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Freshwater West (also known as Fresh West) Beach is near Castlemartin, within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. The beach is a great unspoilt rural beach, approximately 1km across, with rock pools and backed by rolling sand dunes and marsh land.
Freshwater West is a popular surfing beach due to its consistent Atlantic swells and strong waves and regularly hosts surfing tournaments.
As this is a remote beach with unspoilt views it is a popular filming location, such as: 2010 Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe, Harry Potter films and BBC’s The Sarah Jane Adventures.
Car parking available and you may be lucky and get an ice-cream/food van.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Freshwater West Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Pembroke in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...