West Angle Bay is a sandy beach with rock pools at low tide, the beach lies within West Angle Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
A few interesting facts:
- The chimney is what remains of the old brick works which were shipped out from the beach.
- The cannon in the car park weighs 18 tonnes and was removed from the sea below Chapel Bay Fort, part of the Victorian fortifications built in the area.
- Thorn Island was built in 1842, the first of the Victorian fortifications to be built in the area. Boat trips can be arranged.
Facilities include car parking, toilets, café, picnic area and you have a steep narrow ramp to beach (not suitable for boat launching).
West Angle Bay Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for West Angle Bay Beach.
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
Our 7 day weather forecast for Pembroke in Pembrokeshire
Expect a temp in the range 15.7℃ to 17.1℃ with wind speed 1.5 m/sec (SSE)
Expect a temp in the range 15.5℃ to 15.9℃ with wind speed 3.2 m/sec (SSW)
Expect a temp in the range 14.9℃ to 16℃ with wind speed 4.1 m/sec (WNW)
Expect a temp in the range 13.6℃ to 14.3℃ with wind speed 6.6 m/sec (WNW)
Expect a temp in the range 12.4℃ to 13.8℃ with wind speed 1.2 m/sec (WNW)
Expect a temp in the range 13.8℃ to 15.3℃ with wind speed 3 m/sec (W)
Expect a temp in the range 14.2℃ to 15.4℃ with wind speed 2.3 m/sec (NNE)
Weather forecast from Yr, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and NRK
Our tide forecast for West Angle Bay Beach in Pembrokeshire.
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.