Whitesands Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Whitesands beach is one of the most popular sandy beaches in Pembrokeshire, and this west facing beach is also known as Porth Mawr.
In the summer it can get quite crowded on both the beach and in the water. To help swimming and surfing areas marked by lifeguard flags during the season.
Good coast path walks from car park.
Whitesands Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Whitesands beach has a dog ban from 1st May to 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for St Davids in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...