Penally Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Penally beach is at the far end of Tenby south beach and is less busy than the main Tenby beaches. The beach is a mix of sand and shingle but is protected by sand dunes and Giltar Point headland.
Good views across to Caldy Island.
You only get parking and for facilities you need to head towards the Tenby end of the beach.
Penally Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Penally Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Tenby in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...