Blue Anchor Beach (Somerset)
Blue Anchor beach is just under a mile long with a view of Minehead Bay. The beach is a mix of sand and shingle and is great for finding fossils.
This stretch of coast between Blue Anchor and Lilstock is a 742.8 hectare geological Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). If you want a walk there is a sand/gravel path to Dunster and Minehead at the top of the beach.
At high tide the promenade is a popular place with sea anglers.
The beach is backed by a promenade and you have parking and toilets.
Blue Anchor Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Dunster in Somerset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...