Blue Anchor Beach
Blue Anchor beach is just under a mile long with a view of Minehead Bay. The beach is a mix of sand and shingle and is great for finding fossils.
This stretch of coast between Blue Anchor and Lilstock is a 742.8 hectare geological Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). If you want a walk there is a sand/gravel path to Dunster and Minehead at the top of the beach.
At high tide the promenade is a popular place with sea anglers.
The beach is backed by a promenade and you have parking and toilets.
Blue Anchor Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Dunster in Somerset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map