Weston super Mare Beach (Somerset)
Weston-Super-Mare beach is long and sandy beach that has a very large tidal range of nearly 15 metres, the second highest rise and fall of tide in the world, which can make the sea nearly 1 mile from the promenade. At low tide, the beach is sandy at the top but can turn to mud flats further out.
Weston-Super-Mare is a traditional seaside resort located on the Bristol Channel coast suitable for families with the traditional Grand Pier, amusements and donkey rides.
Facilities at the beach include toilets, disabled access, shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, amusements, pier, promenade and deckchair hire.
Weston super Mare, dogs are allowed between The Grand Pier and Knightstone Island and between Royal Sands and Uphill beach. Dogs are not allowed at Marine Lake at any time and dogs restrictions exist between The Grand Pier and Royal Sands during May - September.
Horse Restrictions: Restricted Times: 10am-6.30pm during June, July and August, please keep to the tide line. Please be aware at all times that the beach is heavily used.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weston-super-Mare in Somerset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...