Southwold Beach (Suffolk)
Southwold beach is on a section of the Suffolk coast that is declared an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This is a sandy beach with well maintained wooden groynes and beach huts make it the families choice. Walk along the beach away from the huts and you will see sand dunes at The Denes beach.
You have all the facilities expected of a traditional seaside town, with the actual beach includes toilets, pier, promenade, beach huts, campsite and lifeguards by the pier in summer months.
Southwold Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Southwold beach, dogs not allowed in summer months. You can head a little south to Southwold The Denes beach that does allow dogs.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southwold in Suffolk is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...