Caswell Bay Beach (Swansea Bay and The Gower)
Caswell Bay Beach is a gently sloping and sandy beach, located on the south Gower Coast, west of Langland Bay and Mumbles Head. The sandy beach is between two limestone cliffs headlands and is ideal for families with large beach area and rock pools.
Good surfing and ideal for beginners.
Facilities include a promenade with several seaside shops, parking and lifeguards in summer months.
Caswell Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Caswell Bay, No dogs between May and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Mumbles in Swansea Bay and The Gower is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...