Rhossili Bay Beach (Swansea Bay and The Gower)
Rhossili Bay beach is situated on the western tip of the Gower Peninsula with views across the Bristol Channel and towards Pembrokeshire. Rhossili has spectacular cliffs, burial cairns and mysterious shipwrecks visible at low tide, so there is plenty for the whole family to do and see. The 3 km beach stretches from Burry Holmes to Worms Head and is popular with fisherman, surfers and swimmers.
The clifftop has excellent walks from the National Trust visitor centre to the old coastguard lookout with views out to Worms Head.
Facilities include toilets at carpark and there are plenty of places to eat in the nearby village of Rhossili with views of the beach stretching out into the distance.
Rhossili Bay Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Rhossili in Swansea Bay and The Gower is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...