Eyemouth Beach (The Scottish Borders)
Eyemouth beach is within the village of Eyemouth which has been a fishing port since the 13th century and is still busy with working boats and sightseeing trips.
The beach is in a north facing bay along with the harbour and consists of a sandy beach that at low tide has rock pools.
The beach can get some good surf but this is typically outside of the summer months where the sea tends to be flat.
Facilities include toilets, harbour, cafe/restaurant/pubs, shops and promenade.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Eyemouth Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Eyemouth in The Scottish Borders is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...