Whitley Bay Beach (Tyne and Wear)
Whitley Bay beach is a long strip of sand with rocks. Large park behind the beach.
Was the East coasts answer to Blackpool due to its close proximate to industrial north In the 1960’s the resort started to struggle when people discovered foreign holidays. Still much a holiday resort that has a night life that attracts hen and stag parties.
Facilities include pay and display parking, toilets, cafes, restaurants and promenade.
Whitley Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Whitley Bay has dog Restrictions although does offer a dog exercise area.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Whitley Bay in Tyne and Wear is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...