Whitmore Bay Beach (Vale of Glamorgan)
Whitmore Bay is huge sandy beach that lies between the two peninsulas of Friar’s Point and Nell’s Point. As the tide goes out you get more sand to play on.
Whitmore Bay is the main Barry Island beach and is between the smaller Jackson’s Bay around Nell’s Point and the Little Island or Old Harbour beach around Friar’s Point.
Whitmore Bay is the heart of Barry island and you have a wide selection of facilities on hand day and night: toilets, beach hut rental, cafes, restaurants, pubs, amusements and shops.
Whitmore Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Whitmore Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Barry Island in Vale of Glamorgan is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...