Middleton-on-Sea Beach (West Sussex)
The beach has a high pebble bank with some grass area, but the pebbles can be steep to go down. You have good rock pools at low tide around the rock coastal defence that sits off the beach towards Elmer and these sea defence rocks also provide some natural protection from any on-shore wind.
It is very hard to park by Middleton-on-Sea beach as the area is backed by private gated estates with no vehicle access, although a few public footpaths lead from the main road to the beach with some parking (postcode PO22 7SR) in the village centre. On a positive, due to parking difficulties, you will always have plenty of space to spread out.
You have no facilities on the beach but close by in Middleton-on-Sea you have a couple of pubs, chippy, cafe and shops.
Middleton-on-Sea Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bognor Regis in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...