Pagham is a quiet seaside resort with a south east facing shingle beach with a large shingle bar at the harbour entrance making this a good beach for windsurfing and sailing.
A WW2 Mulberry Harbour platform protrudes from the sea at low tide and of local historic interest are the old railway carriages still in use for some of the beach houses.
Pagham harbour is also a fantastic nature reserve with good access all around. Much of the area around the sea is a nature reserve and this now includes more than 700 acres of salt marsh and nearly 400 acres of farmland.
Shops, pubs, cafe, toilets and car parking (limited in Pagham but larger at the nature reserve) and Pagham sailing club on the beach front.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Pagham Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bognor Regis in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map