Church Lodge (West Sussex)
Church Lodge is a beautiful property set in the village of Birdham, amongst scenic West Sussex countryside and less than a mile from the coast. It offers charming bed and breakfast accommodation.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Chichester in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- 9th July 2020-12th July 2020The Goodwood Festival of Speed is located in the beautiful parkland surrounding Goodwood House, near Chichester in West Sussex. The Festival of Speed is motorsport’s weekend summer garden party, more than just the famous hill climb this is a celebration of world motorsport.
- Bosham church of The Holy Trinity, is one of the earliest churches in Sussex and there is documented evidence to show that there was a small Christian community in Bosham in the 7th century, making it the oldest site of Christianity in Sussex. One of its most famous features is the 11th century chancel arch generally believed to have been built shortly after the Norman Conquest of 1066. The Saxon tower is the oldest part of the church and stands out as a landmark for sailors as it has done for many centuries.
- Old Bosham includes the remaining geographical protrusion to the south of the newer Bosham. This includes the site of the original village around Bosham Harbour, as well as the tracts of farmland and private property of Bosham Hoe. At high tide the sea comes right into the old village, flooding the lower road and several car parking spaces. Forming a part of Chichester Harbour, Bosham is renowned for its sailing. The Bosham Sailing Club has recently celebrated its centenary having been formed in 1907.
- Bracklesham Bay Beach is sandy and has a gently shelving shore making it perfect for swimming, sailing, fishing, surfing and diving or just paddling! Water sport enthusiasts love this area of the West Sussex coast as it is the perfect spot for wind surfing and kite surfing too! This beech has amazing views south west across the Solent to the Isle of Wight on a clear day. It is a great beach for fossil hunters and an important stop for migrating birds. The beach has clean water and the local village of East Wittering offers facilities like shops, restaurants and entertainment. Accommodation is easy to find as there are a few caravan sites and camping areas. Facilities include: restaurant/cafe, toilets, boating/canoeing/jet skiing/diving, parking excellent.
- East Wittering beach is a shingle shoreline at high tide but sandy at low tide! The best of both worlds really. It is a quiet spot of coast but the sailors love it as the ocean here varies from flat to down the line wave riding if the wind is right. The beach is wide here so it feels emptier than it is. Shelving gently, this south coast beach has extensive shallows for the kids to paddle in at low tide and the village of East Wittering is within walking distance with shops and other facilities. There is a good selection of accommodation here with campsites and bed and breakfasts to choose from. Facilities include toilets, parking and a walk along the beach to nearby West Wittering.
- Fishbourne Roman Palace was originally a military base but changed to a Palace by the end of the first century. You can see a selection of mosaics within the palace and outside, the northern half of the formal garden has been replanted to its original plan as recovered by excavation. Audio-visual programme available and site museum.
- The South Downs Planetarium & Science Centre is located in Chichester in West Sussex. It is run by volunteers and is a great educational aid for local residents and visitors alike. Along with a 100-seat planetarium where there are frequent presentations open to the public, you can also find a meteorite display, a learning centre and other activities for children. The planetarium is open throughout the year.
- Chichester Cathedral has fine architecture in both the Norman and the Gothic styles. Chichester Cathedral has two architectural features that are unique among England’s medieval cathedrals; a free-standing medieval bell tower (or campanile) and double aisles. The cathedral contains two rare medieval sculptures, and many modern art works including tapestries, stained glass and sculpture, many of these commissioned by Dean Hussey. The spire of Chichester Cathedral, rising above its green copper roof, can be seen for many miles across the flat meadows of West Sussex and is a landmark for sailors, Chichester being one of only two English cathedrals that is visible from the sea, the other being its near neighbour, Portsmouth Cathedral.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...